Lemon Basil Cauliflower Rice
Looking for a bright and fresh side dish for you Spring dinners? We’ve got a great option for you this week with our Lemon Basil Cauliflower Rice. By utilizing the power of fresh herbs and citrus, this recipe satisfies without overwhelming your diet. It also comes together in 15 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights. Pair with your favorite protein, and you’ve got a complete and balanced meal!
16 ounces rice cauliflower (This can be found fresh or frozen. Alternatively, you can process a head of cauliflower in a food processor until it has the consistency of rice grains.)
5 cloves garlic, minced
Zest and juice from 1 lemon
½ cup fresh basil, cut into ribbons
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add riced cauliflower. Note- if using frozen cauliflower, either defrost on the counter for 2 hours or microwave for 5 minutes. Then, ring the cauliflower out in a clean kitchen towel to remove excess moisture.
- Add minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste. We recommend starting with 1 teaspoon of each. Stir to combine and cook for 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add lemon zest and juice and crushed red pepper flakes if desired. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat. Add the fresh basil and stir to combine.
- Serve as-is or top with shredded parmesan or romano cheese for an extra flavor kick.
This recipe makes 4 servings. 1 serving (without cheese) has 55 calories, 4 grams of carbohydrates, 5 grams of fat, and 2 grams of protein. You can add this recipe to your My Fitness Pal food diary by searching for ELMM Lemon Basil Cauliflower Rice.