One Pan Tuscan Chicken
One pan and minimal prepwork. Sounds too good for a dinner recipe, doesn’t it? Well, lucky for you, it is the exact description of this week’s recipe. Adapted from It’s Cheat Day Everyday, this One Pan Parmesan Tuscan Chicken is a great dinner recipe made of whole foods that is prepared in about 35 minutes.
What we love about our rendition of this recipe is its incorporation of healthy fats such as olive oil and rich protein sources such as chicken and greek yogurt. The only prepwork needed is the chopping of mushrooms and garlic. The only equipment needed is a large pan and a little finesse.
1 lb chicken breasts
2 tbs olive oil
8 oz sliced baby Bella mushrooms
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tbs arrowroot powder + 2 tbs water (or other thickening agent)
1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
Parsley (optional garnish)
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a medium nonstick skillet and heat on medium-high.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet, and cook all the way through, approximately 8-10 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken breasts to a plate.
- Next, heat an additional 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the same skillet, and then add the garlic and mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are browned and tender.
- Add the almond milk, Greek yogurt, salt and pepper to taste, and Parmesan cheese. Whisk occasionally until the cheese has fully melted and the sauce begins to boil.
- Mix the arrowroot powder with the water to create a thickened mixture, and whisk into the sauce. Once the sauce begins to boil and thicken, reduce the heat to low and add the chicken back to the skillet along with the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Simmer until the chicken is warm, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve atop cauliflower rice, spinach, zucchini noodles, and your favorite steamed vegetable.
The recipe makes 4 servings. 1 serving comes in at 334 total calories, 12g of fat, 8g of carbohydrates, and 44g of protein. You can add the recipe to your MyFitnessPal food diary by searching for ELMM One Pan Parmesan Tuscan Chicken.